FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN
1101 SOUTHEAST BLVD.
BAYOU VISTA, LA. 70380
It is the mission of Claire House to provide a holistic approach to substance abuse treatment services for women, who suffer from the disease of addiction, and their children.
Claire House provides a safe and secure environment where clients begin to rebuild their lives. Various groups address the mental, emotional, social, physical and spiritual aspects of addiction. In addition, a multi-disciplinary team approach allows for valuable input from different perspectives to assure client growth.
About Claire House
Claire House is a long-term residential treatment program for substance-abusing women and their children under the age of twelve. The program houses 10 women and up to 14 children. The program is 4 to 8 months of residential treatment.
- Group Therapy
- Job Readiness/Financial Planning
- Drug Education/ Relapse Prevention
- Community Group
- Individual Counseling
- Parenting Classes
- Children’s Programming
- Seeking Safety/Domestic Violence
- Life Skills Training
- Referral and Discharge Planning
- Access to 12 Step Programs
Comprehensive Support for Continued Recovery
The program is designed to meet all needs of the women and their children living in a rural area. The treatment is facilitated by a multi- disciplinary team consisting of the following disciplines:
Clinical Social Worker/Children’s Therapist
Substance Abuse Counselor
Child Development Specialist
Child Care Technician
Children admitted to Claire House with their mothers are all assessed developmentally.
Children of school age attend the local elementary school where they are helped and tutored to experience success in school. The children under school age attend the Claire House Day Care program, which has been specifically designed with developmentally appropriate learning centers and groups appropriate for young children with substance-abusing mothers.
Women are accepted to the program without regard to race, religion or national origin.
- 18 years of age or older;
- Have a primary diagnosis of chemical dependency;
- Have at least one child 12 years of age or younger accompany them to treatment or are pregnant;
- Will agree to complete 4 to 8 months of treatment at Claire House;
- Will agree to respond to follow-up surveys for evaluation purposes; and
- Will have at least one member of the family who receives one of the following: TANF benefits: FITAP, Food Stamps, Medicaid, LaChip, SSI, Free or Reduced School Lunch
Claire House is a Community Partnership of the St. Mary Parish Council and the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals-Office for Behavioral Health-South Central Louisiana Human Services Authority and United Way for South Louisiana